REGISTRATION IS CURRENTLY: CLOSED
*Class is limited to 7 students
* Instructor’s permission is required
Thanks for your interest in our classes. You may subscribe to keep updated, or connect via WECHAT to get news of upcoming classes, workshops and events
This is a semi-private class, and is limited to 7 students.
Date: Wednesday, September 12th, 2018 – Wednesday, October 10th, 2018
Time: 7pm – 9:30pm
Venue: DongFeng Yuan, Chaoyang Park
Course Cost: 1185RMB/ 5 weeks
Instructor: enna morgan
- Character sketches. Understanding the role of your body, expressions, props and clothing to create a character. Students will prepare scenes from various films/plays and re-create them within the classroom, using specific character building techniques.
- Miming: Creating wordless stories, that focuses on how the words are interpreted and expressed, rather than blurting meaningless words from a paper. Students will learn to advanced techniques of story-telling using only movement and expressions.
- Students will receive individual feedback, and the opportunity to repeat their performance, and the footage of the final production.
This is an advanced acting courses. This session will focus on techniques for acting in both film, and stage. Elements of stage will be integrated, but not emphasised. This course will concentrate on scene acting and character sketches, and will build on the foundations taught in Session 1.
- Previous acting experience and/ or classes are required to enter this course
- The course is taught in English, and so a prerequisite for entry is to have at least an intermediate level of spoken English.
- Students will be expected to be prepared for every class, by memorising and studying the material provided by the instructor, before the class. It is critical that you are off-book when you are in class, as it allows more time to focus on studying and practising the craft, and honing you skills, rather than on reading lines.
On the other hand, some material will be impromptu, as those lessons are designed that way, thus students will be trained in being able to pick up a piece of material and within 5 minutes, have it memorised and be ”audition ready.”
4. Students must be able to commit to the 5-week programme, drop out, and inconsistent attendance will cause you to be excluded from final production. No refunds will be given.
5. Instructor’s permission is required for registration.
*Cancellation policy: Full refunds before September 10th, after that date, there is no refund for fees paid for this course. Use scan code to pay 1185RMB. State your name and the class name when paying.
The classes are progressive, and are designed to build skills that will culminate in a production that will be filmed at the end of the 5-week session.
The next session, which begins in February 2019, will be announced in January 2019.